PRP therapy incorporates fillers with PRP – which stands for platelet-rich plasma to enhance the shape of the face and restore volume. It is a simple in-office nonsurgical procedure which uses a concentrated serum processed from your own blood in conjunction with dermal filler to increase the effectiveness and longevity of those fillers. The utilization of Platelets and other growth factors found in your blood, trigger new collagen production. This result is tauter, smoother and more youthful skin. And when combined with the dermal filler; shape, color, texture and volume are all restored with the outcome lasting approximately 18 months!
Please call us at 978-587-2711 to schedule your PRP therapy consultation today.
Why Consider PRP Therapy?
As we begin to age:
1. Our skin color changes because of less underlying blood flow.
2. The shape becomes collapsed and droopy as muscles and collagen decreases.
3. Skin texture becomes less smooth.
4. Fine and coarse wrinkles begin to appear.
5. Our skin elasticity decreases.
6. Thinning of the dermis (volume loss)—such as seen with weight loss.
7. And as a result the person looks “worn” or “tired” or “droopy”. The lively rosy hue seen in children of every skin color fades to a dull gray.
Creating The Shape
The first part of the procedure is performed utilizing HA fillers to begin sculpting specific areas of the face. The glycosaminoglycans (what an HA filler replaces) act like a sponge that holds water in the face providing a basic shape. This initial injection of HA is the precursor to the ultimate desired form.
Next comes the polishing and refining step of the sculpting process which ultimately contributes to the appearance of a younger version of you.
Isolating & Injecting the Magic in Your Blood
Within a matter of minutes, our practitioner can create PRP and activate the PRP therapy procedure.
First, the physician draws about 2 teaspoons of blood.
Then, using a centrifuge, she isolates platelets from that blood (platelet-rich plasma or PRP). All within about 10 minutes here in the office, she uses the centrifuge to isolate platelets…then she “activates” those platelets to cause the release of at least 8 growth factors that would normally be used to heal injured tissue.
These growth factors when injected back into the body (the face) in a particular way will activate multipotent cells already in the skin (tricking them into “thinking” there’s been an injury). These multipotent cells then grow new collagen, new blood vessels, and new fatty tissue trying to “repair” the skin that was never injured. The result… younger- appearing skin! The effects of the procedure improve for 2 to 3 months and last 9 months to 2 years!
Activating 8 Growth Factors
Platelet-rich plasma is similar to HA fillers because it can be injected to sculpt the face. But, here’s the best part: not only does the PRP cause an increase in the volume, PRP contains at least 8 growth factors that will over a long period of time, continually work like a rejuvenating agent.
By activating these growth factors, all 3 parts of the aging process improve:
- The skin color becomes a “younger” color because of new blood vessel formation.
- New collagen formations in the dermis lifts the face back to a more youthful shape.
- Because the growth factors are working to build a new dermis, the epidermis (the outer most layers of your skin) appears smoother.
ADVANTAGES OF PRP THERAPY
- It is a nonsurgical procedure.
- Because it uses your own blood, there is no risk of allergic reaction.
- It is effective for both men and women.
- It can be used in conjunction with other procedures, such as laser treatments.
- PRP can be used with or without added fillers.